Saturday, February 28, 2015

Picture this

I have been getting requests for baby ultrasound pics.
I go get an ultrasound about every 10-14 days, so needless to say I have a full photo album of these little guys already! 

Here are a few:

7 weeks, November 10th - first ultrasound - where we found out about the twins!
This is also where it was noticed that there was no membrane between the two babies. It was still questionable at this point but as we all know now - there was truly no membrane!




December 17th, the day we found out there was in fact, no membrane separating them. Here they are hanging out together. The doctor thought there was possibly still a chance that the membrane may be there (but not yet visible) but upon following the umbilical cords during the ultrasound, they found that they were tangled. So that solved the membrane mystery!





January 12th, HAPPY NEW YEAR! On this date, we were able to find out the sexes of the babies! Up until this point we both strongly believed they were girls. I have no reason why (except maybe because my mom is a twin, so I relate to girls and I believe the twins dad-to-be believed they were girls because well, karma... doesn't every guy think that?) We had girl names picked out and everything! Here is what dad to be saw on the screen before I could even turn around: 

Yup! Two boys. I have truly never seen someone smile as much as dad-to-be did that next 24 hours! I will never forget that look on his face when he realized he would be the dad to two boys who will carry on his name! He couldn't call people to spread the news fast enough! It took me a few minutes to readjust my mind set from what I thought was girls to the realization that they were boys and we have been trying to come up with names ever since! No luck yet....
They measured 6 oz at this appointment and I am happy to say they BOTH measured the same! And we learned that Baby A is a tad bit older. Very interesting and exciting! 




The next visit the photos turned into one baby per picture. That was a milestone! Now they can't fit in the same frame apparently! Measuring 9oz. and 10 oz., respectively! We were very pleased they were growing and at the same rate!
Here they are on January 30th:






On February 9th, we had some very active babies and a hard time getting photos but here is a snip it! 




As of February 23rd (our latest photos, no photos from February 26th appointment), they are now 1 pound 4 ounces EACH! So pleased they are growing at the same rate! (72 and 79 percentile! Not only growing well but right on target) and all of their fluids and growth progress is great. Everything is working as it should be!



We will have one more ultrasound before I am admitted for my two month stay at 'Hotel Hospital'! We are very excited to see their progress at that point as well. This week they have been incredibly active and moving around like the little wild warriors I know they are. 
As the fear of the future begins to really sink in, looking back at these photos brings things full circle and helps me remember just how far they have come in such a short amount of time. To see that they are growing so well, and fighting so hard inspires me to not lose faith and to keep confidence that we all can get through this struggle! 
They are an inspiration already.




No comments:

Post a Comment